Thursday, March 24, 2011

STUFFFED

Jim really loves big, fat pork chops.  And since I have been working some evenings he has been buying a few.  I had one left in the fridge, which meant just not quite enough for two, and way more than one person needs to consume.  So that lead to a stuffed chop.  I had on hand goat cheese, frozen spinach, and sun dried tomatoes.  Coupled with a little garlic, that made for a classic stuffing.
a quick saute with some olive oil married the ingredients together

Frozen spinach actually has an advantage over fresh in this sort of application.  The spinach can simply be thawed, and wrung dry of all its excess moisture.  Spinach has a lot of excess moisture.  Just wring it out like a dish cloth. 
Once the garlic was light golden and the tomatoes were soft, I added a third of a cup of goat cheese, off the heat, and stuffed it all into a pocket cut in the chop.
a few minutes in a saute pan and 15 minutes in the oven cooked this monster

The stuffing brings moisture and interesting flavors to the chop.  I served it with some baby potatoes sauteed with onions and chipotle peppers.
why are my pics all blurry all of the sudden?  

I've been frustrated lately with my photography.  Time for a new camera, and some lessons on using it....

No comments:

Post a Comment